NAWBO-OC members enjoy many local, state and national benefits, including discounts on products and services offered by our corporate members and affiliate partners. NAWBO-OC Corporate Partners receive additional benefits not listed below. For more information on these benefits, see our Corporate Partners page or contact Margot Murphy, Vice President of Corporate Partners at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like a membership packet, please contact our association office.
For dues information or to apply for membership online, see application.
- Networking opportunities that include Monthly Dinner Meetings, Member Only Mixers, New and Potential Member Orientations, Power Partner Pod Networking Groups and other community events.
- Quality Educational Classes and Seminar.
- Leadership and management training opportunities through involvement on committees and board of directors.
- Recognition for Membership Tenure and Volunteer Service to the organization.
- One-on-one Mentoring Program.
- Participate in a Peer Advisory Board with other established owners to tackle confidential business challenges.
- Member discounts at the chapter’s affiliate organizations.
- The ability to showcase your media mentions on the website. See news submissions page for details.
- Opportunity to purchase banner advertising on the website, with a link to your website and/or email.
- Online membership listing including website link and listing in the printed Remarkable Women directory.
- Opportunity to exhibit your business at Member Showcase Tables at chapter Dinner Meetings. Contact Liz Papagni at email@example.com for more information
- Opportunity to host a Members-Only Mixer at your place of business.
- Public policy voice in the state legislature and opportunity to testify in front of legislators (see public policy page).
- Procurement opportunities through state corporate partners.
- “Best Practices” training for chapter leaders.
- Statewide public relations exposure.
- Regional meetings provide opportunities to get to know NAWBO members throughout the state.
- Speakers’ bureau can link you up with other chapters and organizations looking for your expertise.
- Statewide website and database.
- For more information on NAWBO CA state benefits, please visit www.nawbo-ca.org.
- National and Local Membership: A NAWBO membership offers women-owned businesses a national and local platform to tap into the power of an already established community of women entrepreneurs. At the national level, NAWBO touts a membership of more than 7,000 members and 70 chapters across the country; and at the local level, members are encouraged to engage actively with their local chapter to gain access to other women business owners, leadership development opportunities and community involvement.
- Partnerships and Alliances: NAWBO is an unparalleled resource for women entrepreneurs seeking to navigate the various stages of business growth. NAWBO attracts corporations and affiliate partners that offer a rich base of resources and expertise that can help propel women business owners to the next level of success.
- Member-Only Benefits: NAWBO members enjoy exclusive access to benefits and products that are designed to help manage their business on a day-to-day basis. Our wide network of partners and sponsors offer affinity discounts and benefits that deliver bottom line savings to our members while building a valuable network of resources that are critical to business success.
- Website: NAWBO members have access to a dynamic online platform that offers a multitude of tools and resources critical for navigating the everyday challenges of business ownership. Members are assigned a unique username and password upon joining— providing a powerful platform for building a national network, connecting them with peers and tapping into valuable resources to help grow their business.
- Communications: NAWBO offers a variety of online communication vehicles that provide our members with pertinent information that will help make the most of their membership experience. Members receive press releases and announcements to keep them abreast of our activities at the national level; and our calendar of events help our members and chapter leaders actively participate at local and national events.
- Online Member Directory: The online member directory enables members to update and manage their own profile and connects the entire membership base for business development and networking opportunities.
- Online Communities: The Online Communities is a social network platform designed to connect our members at the national level around a common interest area. Members have the opportunity to sign-up for various online communities to build an extended national network and work together on topics that make a difference in the women’s business community.
- Advocacy and Legislative Action Center: NAWBO represents a significant and united voice on issues that impact businesses daily. NAWBO’s online Legislative Action Center is designed to provide our members with the tools to learn about current legislation affecting women-owned businesses and a vehicle for exercising their political influence through action.
- Annual Awards: Through our Annual Awards Program, NAWBO gives recognition to the rising power of women business owners by commemorating the history of women’s entrepreneurial excellence and honoring the accomplishments and contributions of those who have led the way.
- Leadership Development: NAWBO provides an opportunity for members to hone their leadership skills at the local and national level. Our extensive network of volunteer leaders are critical to the success of NAWBO and contribute significantly to building a legacy for the next generation of women entrepreneurs.
- National Conference: NAWBO’s Women’s Business Conference is the only event of its kind that provides women business owners with personal and professional business development opportunities to take their businesses to the next level of success. The annual conference brings together businesses of all sizes from all industries to celebrate and leverage the collective power of the fastest growing segment of the economy—women business owners.
- NAWBO Brand: NAWBO members are an extension of our national brand. Through entrepreneurial success and community involvement, our members help elevate NAWBO’s brand by proudly showcasing their association with an organization that propels women business owners into economic, social and political spheres of power.
- National Events: Women’s Business Conference, Regional Leadership Summits and Accelerated Growth Series.
NAWBO Affinity Partners provide exclusive member-only discounts and benefits that help our members increase their bottom line. Through these alliances, affinity partners reach out and influence decision makers, elevating their status as the “brand of choice” in delivering workplace and at-home solutions for women business owners.
American Express OPEN
American Express OPEN is the team dedicated exclusively to the success of small business owners like you providing an enhanced set of products, tools, services and savings designed to meet your evolving needs, including charge and credit cards, convenient access to working capital, robust online account management capabilities and savings on business services from an expanded lineup of partners. Every time a NAWBO member gets approved for a card, American Express OPEN sends a rebate back to the organization to support the success of women business owners.
Guardian Long Term Care Insurance
Guardian is pleased to offer NAWBO members and their families a permanent 10% discount on the purchase of long term care insurance (LTCI) through our wholly owned stock subsidiary, Berkshire Life Insurance Company of America. The discount is available not only to you and your spouse/domestic partner, but also to you or your spouse’s/partner’s parents, grandparents, and children.
NAWBO Home Financing Program Provided by Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is proud to expand our support by introducing the NAWBO Home Financing Program provided by Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is committed to assisting women business owners and their employees enjoy the personal and financial benefits of homeownership. Rely on the long-standing strength of a well-established lender. To ensure you have the home financing that’s right for your situation and piece of mind, call on the nation’s leading retail mortgage lender.
NAWBO has teamed up with PR Newswire to offer you a 12-month membership at no charge. Just submit your contact information through the Sign Up Now section of the PR Toolkit and someone from PR Newswire will touch base with you to get you signed up. This is a $195 value!! As well, save with PR Newswire by taking advantage more than $2,000 in free and discounted services! Visit the PR Toolkit for some great free resources to get you going in the right direction in promoting your business.
UPS Shipping Discounts
UPS knows how important your business is to you. Let us help you find ways to improve customer service, maximize cash flow, manage costs, save time shipping, and speed up your shipment processing. NAWBO members are eligible to take advantage of up to 26% special discounts on shipping. Whether it’s overnight letters across the country or international shipping around the world, you’ll start saving with the first package you send. After that, the more you ship, the more you save.
UPS Freight® Discounts
Your shipments, on-time, GUARANTEED! – NAWBO Members receive 70% off reliable UPS Freight service backed by a day-definite, on-time guarantee at no additional charge! Guaranteed service means reliability for all your regional, interregional and long-haul needs, all with one convenient pickup. And with UPS technologies, such as WorldShipTM, and Quantum View, you can process and track LTL shipments, create electronic bills of lading, reconcile billing, and much more!
For more information on Affinity Partner benefits, please contact NAWBO Headquarters at 1-800-55-NAWBO.