Thank you for your interest in hosting a NAWBO-OC Members-Only Mixer. This is a popular benefit of membership that gives you an excellent opportunity to showcase your company and build strong business relationships with other NAWBO Members. To assure that the Chapter is fair and objective in the scheduling process we ask that all potential hosts complete the following application. We appreciate your time and effort in doing so, and assure you that the information provided here will expedite your request and set the stage for an enjoyable and successful event.
If you wish to host a NAWBO-OC Members-Only Mixer, please familiarize yourself with the Criteria & Guidelines below, then complete the application form that follows.
A chairperson from NAWBO-OC’s Membership Committee will respond to your application within thirty days of receipt in the Chapter Office.
Criteria & Guidelines:
- Host must be a Premiere, Sustaining, or Corporate Member in good membership and financial standings with NAWBO and NAWBO-OC at least one month prior to the event.
- If a Host is new to NAWBO-OC, they should attend one Members Only Mixer prior to hosting their own Mixer event.
- Venue is the Member’s place of business or another attractive venue that can accommodate at least 40 members.
- A flyer with date, location and description for the event must be submitted to the Member Only Mixer Committee at least 3 months prior to the event in order to reserve the date and promote it on the website calendar. If the host cannot provide the requested document within this time frame, your slot maybe open to another host.
- Host will provide refreshments.
- Please keep in mind the following agenda and information for your event:
- Member’s Only Mixers are less formal than dinner meetings. This is an opportunity for NAWBO-OC members to network in a smaller group than monthly dinner meetings.
- The Mixer begins with about 15 minutes for networking time among the attendees.
- Attendees introduce themselves and their businesses with a 30-second commercial.
- A Members Only Mixer committee member will introduce the Host using a short bio (1 page, double spaced, 14 point font) provided by the Host.
- Host can then make a presentation up to 15 minutes about their service or business. If there are more than 3 hosts at one time, then there can be up to 25 minutes presentation time. The Host’s presentation will be casual and focused on showcasing their business or service, with no high-pressure selling of their products or services.
- After the Host presentation, attendees can mingle and network as they wish.
- All invited guests will be members of NAWBO-OC. The Host can have their host or employee to work with the Host for the event.
- Members wishing to host Mixers must complete the following application;
- The Membership Committee will schedule Mixers on a first come, first served basis, with the latitude to prioritize those proposed by:
- A Corporate Member who has made a significant financial commitment to the Chapter or to the Women’s Business Institute.
- Members whose businesses may be of particular or timely interest to the Chapter
- Members are limited to hosting one Mixer in any given two-year period.