Cashing In On Dressing Up: Image Management in Today’s Business World
Our September dinner meeting speaker was current NAWBO-OC member Diana Jennings, founder and president of Irvine based Brand You Image. During her 45-minute presentation, she focused her message on appearance. It’s not just what we wear, it’s how we wear it, and all the details about our presence sends out bits and bytes of information which reflects our personality, values, interests, and even our goals.
Here’s what she said about:
- Purposeful choices of clothing will affect your image and the impression you leave in the hearts and minds of others.
- Take the time to define the message you want to project. Set a standard for yourself and keep true to your message.
- Is the visual representation of our Personal Brand.
- Affects how we think and feel about ourselves, which ultimately affects how others relate to us.
- Before we utter a word, our appearance speaks volumes.
- Changing one element or detail can easily modify your message.
- Remember, the brand of an organization is only as good as the people that represent it. Teach your employees to increase their visual influence.
The following are actionable questions to enhance your image management:
- Are you purposefully choosing what you wear each time you get dressed?
- Do you project a positive image for new opportunities to present themselves?
- What is a small change you can make in your image to increase your visual effectiveness?
- What is the message you want to project through your image?
- Do people hear, see and experience you in a consistent manner?
Diana works with entrepreneurs, corporate professionals and small businesses employees to help them dress and present themselves in order to increase their visual influence.
Diana can be reached through email at Diana@BrandYouImage.com.
Presentation summary written by Linda Schotborgh with 3D Pearl Photography.