Necessary Roughness: New Rules for the Contact Sport of Business
Speaker Mimi Donaldson shared her insights with us at our February dinner meeting. She presented humorous and practical stories and insights motivating us to step up our game in the world of business. Secrets learned throughout her journey of life were shared. Mimi takes the game of football and likens it to Women in Business. Football players use necessary roughness just as women in business must use Necessary Roughness.
Here’s what she said about:
- People: The journey is not everything; go for the goal. The play is over; shake it off and continue on.
- Players achieve the impossible: Eyeball to eyeball confrontation, respond under pressure, impossible catches, unstoppable runners and go for the interception/look for an opportunity in a non-traditional place.
- Consummate team game: Must trust, Give 100% effort and Good teams find ways to wins by discipline and toughness.
- The clock is king: Are you formal or casual? Do you control “time of possession?”
- Playing the gender game without a playbook: Do not hint to get what you want. Just state it. Tell them what you are going to tell them, tell them and then tell them what you told them.
The following are actionable questions toward greatness:
- What is it that ‘drives’ you?
- How can you be intentional in everything you do for your business?
- What new habits would provide enhanced discipline toward developing professional and personal relationships?
MIMISPEAKS! She provides an entirely new perspective on business to her audiences with an enjoyable motivating approach targeting enhanced productive professional and personal relationships. Mimi can be reached through email at Mimi@MimiDonaldson.com.
Presentation recap written by Linda Schotborgh with 3D Pearl Photography.