NAWBO-OC is the largest NAWBO chapter in California. We have an important role to play in the shaping of legislation and policy made in Sacramento. Legislation that affects all of us in our daily business life on such issues as Workman’s Compensation, taxation, healthcare and corporate regulation and employment laws.
It is time once again to team together and make plans to participate in our Annual Propel Your Business and Public Policy days March 10-11, 2014.
Let us head down to Sacramento for our Second Propel Your Business Conference. This year we have many exciting speakers, panels and matchmaking. Network with other prominent business owners and match make with large corporate partners such as BofA and AT&T.
Make an appointment to meet your legislators in Capitol Hill. This is your event of the year, your chance to influence your legislators on the needs of your business. Women business owners are a significant powerhouse particularly when we converge on the State Capitol Hill and meet with our legislators to exchange ideas.
Take advantage of early bird prices. Good through January 31st.
If 5 of you register together, you receive a lower price. Use Promo Code: GROUP5
For further details please contact:
Shaila Rao Mistry
Public Policy Director NAWBO- OC | Business Policy Advisor NAWBO-CA
Transforming Ideals into Action
What We Do
The Public Policy Director for our chapter is active on our behalf in the following:
- Closely following upcoming legislation in Sacramento
- Providing our input and recommendations to politicians and law makers
- Lobbying our legislators in Sacramento and in our districts
- Attending key events to present the perspectives of women business owners
- Pioneering new legislation such as Universal Certification, designed to make it easier for women business owners to do business
- NAWBO California and its chapters take strategic stands on the latest legislative issues affecting women business owners. The annual Public Policy Summit is a two day education conference in Sacramento each spring. For more information visit: http://www.nawbo-ca.org/html/public_policy.asp. The 2011 conference entitled Public Policy on a State Level will be held March 7 & 8, 2011 at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento
- Representation in Washington through NAWBO National (www.nawbo.org). To learn more about public policy at the national NAWBO level visit the Legislative Action Center
- International representation through numerous global platforms
What You Can Do
On a daily basis, decisions are made in Sacramento and Washington which have a direct impact on our businesses. Without a voice, these decisions are made without taking into account the needs and wants of women business owners throughout the state. We need to stand together to educate and lead decision-making so that our representatives in Sacramento help, not hinder, our businesses.
Please join us so that we may be heard. We need your involvement to strengthen our chapter’s efforts. As a business owner you play a key role, and you can participate in all of the above.
Please scroll down to see the variety of ways in which NAWBO-OC Public Policy has been active on your behalf. For more information please contact:
Shaila Rao Mistry
Public Policy Director NAWBO – Orange County
Input Technology With A Human Touch